National Truffles Day
Facts on Truffles
- Truffles are a delectable type of dessert!
- Truffles are a chocolate named after a fungus.
- Truffles are made with a chocolate ganache center that is then coated in chocolate powder.
- According to legend, the chocolate truffle was created in the kitchen of French culinary giant Auguste Escoffier during the 1920s.
- Modern truffles can be round or square, enrobed in chocolate and topped with exotic flavor but the must have the ganache center to be called a truffle.