National Raspberry Popover Day
Food Facts on Raspberry Popovers
- A popover is a light, hollow roll made from an egg batter.
- The popover is an American version of the hollow English rolls called Yorkshire pudding.
- The name comes from the batter swelling and popping over the pan
- Popovers may be served either as a sweet, topped with fruit and whipped cream for breakfast or with afternoon tea, or with meats at lunch and dinner.
- The first cookbook o print an recipe for popovers was Practical Cooking, published in 1876.