National Cold Cuts Day
Food Facts on Cold Cuts
- Cold cuts are precooked or cured meat, and are sliced and usually served cold on sandwiches or on party trays.
- They are bought pre-sliced in vacuum packs at a supermarket or they can be purchased at a delicatessen or deli counter, where they are sliced to order.
- Cold cuts are also known as lunchmeats, luncheon meats, sandwich meats, cooked meats, sliced meats, cold meats and deli meats.
- Cold cuts are used in antipasto trays and put into salads.
- Cold cuts should be stored in plastic bags or airtight plastic containers and kept in the refrigerator.