National Clam Chowder Day
Facts on Clam chowder
- Clam chowder is one of many chowders containing clams and broth.
- Clam chowder my contain other ingredients such as; potato, onions, and celery.
- New England clam chowder is a milk or cream based chowder and is a thicken consistency.
- In 1939 a bill making tomatoes in New England clam chowder illegal was introduced in the Maine legislature.
- Manhattan clam chowder has clear broth, plus tomato for flavor and color.
- All chowders are traditional served with oyster crackers or saltine crackers.