National Gazpacho Day
Facts on Gazpacho
- Gazpacho soup is made of raw vegetables and served cold, usually with a tomato base. In Spain it is often served warm.
- Gazpacho soup is eaten when it is particularly during the hot summers, because it is refreshing and cool.
- Back in the days gazpacho was made by pounding the vegetables in a mortar with a pestle.
- Gazpacho soup has evolved into different varieties, the most popular around the world is a tomato based variety, served cold.
- Now Gazpacho has become a generic term for a cold soup that has a vegetable or fruit base or both , that has similar spices to the traditional.