National Fillet Mignon Day
Food Facts on Fillet Mignon
- Filet mignon is considered the king of steaks because of its tender, melt in the mouth texture.
- A prime filet mignon can literally be cut with a fork.
- Filet mignon comes from the small end of the tenderloin, which is found, on the back rib cage of the animal.
- Filet mignon steaks may lose a bit in flavor because of the lack of marbling, fat, and bone.
- Today steakhouses like Morton’s sell a Fillet Mignon Sandwich for $1.
World Vegetarian Day
Food Facts on Vegetarians
World Vegetarian Day is here to encourage you in a new way of living and to promote awareness to a vegan lifestyle.
The entire month of October is dedicated to Vegetarian Awareness.
Each year about one million people become vegetarians in the United States. .
Meatless Monday celebrated every week; it encourages everyone to go totally meatless on Monday to improve their health and the health of the planet.
Paul McCartney is one of the most famous celebrities and an outspoken advocate for a vegetarian lifestyle.