National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
Facts on Peanut Butter and Jelly
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Peanut butter is consumed in 90 percent of USA households.
- Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
National “Have a Brownie Day”
Facts on Brownies
- Brownies are actually a cross between a cookie and a cake in texture and are either cakey or fudgy.
- The main ingredients of a brownie are flour, butter, eggs, chocolate, cocoa or cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Brownies may include nuts, frosting, chocolate chips, or other ingredients inside or on the top.
- Brownies are eaten by hand and often with milk or coffee. They can be served warm or with ice cream on top.
- The earliest published recipes for a brownie like those of today appeared in the Service Club Cook Book (1904, Chicago, IL),
World Vegetarian Day
Food Facts on Vegetarians
World Vegetarian Day is here to encourage you in a new way of living and to promote awareness to a vegan lifestyle.
The entire month of October is dedicated to Vegetarian Awareness.
Each year about one million people become vegetarians in the United States. .
Meatless Monday celebrated every week; it encourages everyone to go totally meatless on Monday to improve their health and the health of the planet.
Paul McCartney is one of the most famous celebrities and an outspoken advocate for a vegetarian lifestyle.