National Have a Bagel Day
Facts on Bagels
- Bagels are the only bread that are boiled before baked.
- Bagels come in many varieties from blueberry to the “everything” bagel, however, the most popular choice is plain, followed closely by sesame.
- Bagels have been used to symbolize the continuous cycle of life—without beginning and without end.
- That little hole in the center isn’t just for looks, it came in handy for early peddles and street vendors to thread multiple bagels onto a dowel, making transport.
- The first bagel bakeries were founded in New York City in the 1920s.
National Chocolate Cupcake Day
Food Facts on Cupcakes
A cupcake is a small cake designed to serve one person, frequently baked in a small, thin paper cup.
Just like a real cake, cupcakes rely on a mixture of flour, eggs, butter and sugar baked and slathered with frosting and perhaps sprinkles.
Cup Cakes were mentioned as “cake to be baked in small cups” in Amelia Simms’ American Cookery in 1796.
Cupcakes are perfect for birthdays, bake sales, or curbing your chocolate fix. They are guaranteed to bring some cheer to your day.
National Chocolate Cupcake Day is celebrated by whipping up a batch and sharing with friends and loved ones.