National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day
Facts of Pizza without Anchovies
- Pizza is thin crust, hand tossed, thick crust or deep dish, top it with ALL of your favorite toppings (excluding anchovies)
- There’s a National Anchovy Pizza Day too
- Pizza is a direct descendant of the flatbread healthy meals people made before the advent of the oven
- Although having fish on a pizza isn’t the worst thing in the world, the saltiness of the anchovies can mask all of the other delicious flavors.
- The first United States pizza establishment opened in 1905was in New York’s Little Italy.
National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
Facts on Peanut Butter and Jelly
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Peanut butter is consumed in 90 percent of USA households.
- Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.