Food Facts about Raisins!
- A raisin is a dried grape. Raisins are produced in many regions of the world and may be eaten raw or used in cooking, baking and brewing.
- Raisins were discovered on the dried out vines in pre-historic times.
- Spain was the best at perfecting grape growing.
- Eventually, they became so valuable that two jars of raisins could be traded for one slave!
- Raisins are the most popular dried fruit in the United States, accounting for about two-thirds of total dried fruit consumption.
National Oatmeal Cookie Day