Food Facts of Pigs in a Blanket
- Pigs in a Blanket refers to cut up hot dogs or small cocktail wieners wrapped in dough.
- Typically served at parties or social gatherings and often dipped in mustard, truly a crowd pleaser.
- There are a many variations on this appetizer, sausages can be used for the pig part and croissants or pancakes for the blanket.
- Those with an Eastern -European decent, Pigs in a Blanket often means stuffed cabbage.
- Pigs in a Blanket can be accompanied with “Devils on Horseback” which is an appetizer of prunes wrapped in bacon.