Food History of Cherry Cheese Cake
- Many assume that Cheesecake has its origins in New York, but it actually dates back over 4,000 years to ancient Greece.
- Cheesecake is a dessert similar to cake but make with cheese and typically has a topping.
- In 1870 cream cheese was an American addition to the cake and since has become a staple ingredient.
- By the 1900’s New Yorkers fell in love with the dessert and virtually every restaurant had its own version.
- New Yorkers have vied and continue to claim bragging rights for the original recipe of cheesecake.