National Champagne Day
Facts on Champagne
- National Champagne Day falls on New Years Eve, perhaps because the two make an obvious pairing.
- Champagne is associated with celebrations, so it is no surprise it was and still is the drink of choice for the festivities.
- Outside of New Year’s, sparkling wine is perhaps most popularly drunk at brunch in the form of a Mimosa.
- By law, to accurately be called Champagne, the grapes used in the production of the wine must come from the Champagne region of France. If not it is called sparkling wine.
- Champagne pairs very well with rich or oily foods, even Pizza!