National Creamsicle Day
Happy National Creamsicle Day
National Fillet Mignon Day
Food Facts on Fillet Mignon
- Filet mignon is considered the king of steaks because of its tender, melt in the mouth texture.
- A prime filet mignon can literally be cut with a fork.
- Filet mignon comes from the small end of the tenderloin, which is found, on the back rib cage of the animal.
- Filet mignon steaks may lose a bit in flavor because of the lack of marbling, fat, and bone.
- Today steakhouses like Morton’s sell a Fillet Mignon Sandwich for $1.