National Cheeseburger Day
Food Facts on Cheeseburgers
- A cheeseburger is a hamburger topped with cheese.
- The cheese is usually added to the cooking hamburger patty shortly before the patty is completely cooked which allows the cheese to melt.
- Cheeseburgers are often served with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mustard, mayonnaise, or ketchup.
- The Cheeseburger dates back to the 1920’s
- Cheeseburgers are a staple at restaurants and backyard celebrations all across the country.
National Apple Dumpling Day
Food Facts on Apple Dumplings
- Apple dumplings are basically apple pie filling baked in pastry.
- Apple dumplings are made with baking apples (Granny Smith), cored, sliced and cooked is brown sugar and butter.
- Apple dumpling mixture is wrapped in a butter pastry, and sealed with egg wash or melted butter.
- Apple dumplings may be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, or baking.
- This traditional New England dessert is best served with a healthy scoop of ice cream.