Food Reference Source
National Rum Day
Facts on Rum
Rum is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from sugarcane byproducts.
Rum is a versatile spirit and bartenders use it in creative ways.
White Rums are generally light-bodied and are primarily used in mixed drinks.
The darker rums are more full bodied and make to be drunk straight up.
The Caribbean is the epicenter of world Rum production. Virtually every major island group produces its own distinct Rum style.
National Catfish Month
Facts on Catfish
- Catfish have a distinctive taste; moist, sweet and mild flavored with firm flesh
- Texans eat more catfish than any other state in America.
- Catfish don’t have scales, therefore are not a kosher fish.
- The “whiskers” that make catfish look like cats allow the fish to find food in the murkiest of water.
- The Catfish is the official fish of Mississippi.